Autumn Winter 2017/18 interactive primary school menus
The menu at Barthol Chapel School reflect National recommendations for changes to diet that include:
- Increased emphasis on fruit and vegetables
- Reduction in total fat and saturated fat
- Reduction in sugar and sugar based items
- Inclusion of oily fish
- Reduction in salt content
Good reasons for taking a School Meal at Barthol Chapel School:
- It is prepared fresh daily by trained staff
- It is attractive, convenient, of good quality and offers variety and a daily choice
- The Sandwich Platter saves parents the chore of making a pack lunch
- It is a balanced meal providing 1/3 of a child’s daily nutrient needs
In addition to a Main course other important features include:
- Fresh made soup is available at least once a week
- Baked potatoes with a filling are available daily
- At least on vegetarian option is always on offer
- A selection of breads are included as part of a lunch meal
- Salads and vegetables of the day
- Fresh fruit is always available as a dessert option
Online Payment for School Meals
Barthol Chapel School has introduced online payments to provide parents and carers with the convenience of making online payment with debit or credit cards, for a range of school services. The preferred option is to make payment online but, if required, cash or cheque payments will continue to be accepted. The current price of a school meal is £2.20.
Parents and carers of pupils at Barthol Chapel School can pay for school meals via the Aberdeenshire Council website (www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk). Simply click PAY and then School Meal Payments. Once registered, you can pay securely and access a range of services including notifications of school closures and school transport changes, using a single name and password via your myAberdeenshire account. A letter detailing the facility and how you register to make online payments is provided to you when your child starts at Barthol Chapel School.
To register please view our video guide:
How pupils use this service to choose a school meal
Each morning in class all children choosing to have a school meal will select their main course for that day based on colour coded choices.
Interactive menus – allergen and nutritional information
Changes to food law requires all food businesses to provide information about allergens contained in the foods served to customers. Our School Catering service is no exception and has taken steps to provide this information to pupils and parents.
Our interactive menu facility enables parents to view recipe pages that display important allergen and nutritional detail. For pupils with food allergies information provided on any recipe page indicates whether that choice is acceptable as an option for lunch. This includes carbohydrate values that are of particular interest to parents of children with Type 1 diabetes.
Children who require Medically Prescribed or Modified Diets, with parental/carer assistance, should be identified during the admission process. Procedures are set in motion to accommodate these diets by completing Admission Form D available from the school administration office or by downloading the Special Dietary Requirements – Admission Form D (pdf17kb) document.
The procedure will also cater for those children with an existing need or children who develop a need throughout their school years. The school should be advised of any change in a childs dietary requirements that may occur at any time and Admission Form D updated appropriately.