Enrolment & Admissions

How do I enrol my child at Barthol Chapel School?

If you want to enrol your child at Barthol Chapel School, you should contact Mr Anderson, Head Teacher and he will be able to advise you further. Tel: 01651 267440 or Email: bartholchapel.sch@aberdeenshire.gov.uk

When will my child start school (Primary 1)?

Aberdeenshire Education and Children’s Services has a uniform starting date for all its schools in the middle of August in any particular year. You will be informed of this year’s starting date at the time of registering at school.

Details for registration for primary one can be found on the Primary School Registration page.

What do I do if I want my child to attend a school outside of his/her local zone?

To request that your child attends a school outside your zone either complete the online form.  Placing request application form

Or download the out of zone placing request application form (pdf 203KB) and send it to our Learning Estates team.

How will my child get to school?

The council provides free school transport to all children who live more than two miles walking distance from their zoned primary school and three miles walking distance from their zoned secondary school. They can also receive free school transport if their walk route is deemed unsafe for a child accompanied by a responsible adult.

Applications for pupils eligible for free transport are made via the school.